WHAT IS HYDRO EXCAVATION?
Hydro excavation is a process that utilizes water pressure and suction to excavate soil. This process reduces digging by hand for exposing buried utilities, which can be time consuming and dangerous. In turn, this reduces cost, limits damage to existing utility lines, and can reduce dangerous situations. Utility companies across the United States are implementing Hydro Excavation for uncovering underground utilities. In addition, it can be used for slot-trenching, man-hole clean-outs, pole holes, precision excavation, removal of water from flooded basements, helping to repair water-main breaks, and a wide variety of other applications.
We’re different – in a good way
- We respect all signed or verbal agreements
- We adhere to established business practices
- We hold and maintain proper insurance and bonding
- We strive to protect existing, buried utilities
- We meet deadlines
- Our crews are IBEW members
- We utilize planking for minimum site damage
- We own and operate the latest equipment
- Crews are polite and professional
- Owners and management are highly accessible
- OSHA trained, D.O.T. compliant
- We have competitive pricing
I was extremely impressed with the vacuum excavation truck that J&R Underground supplied for our project this spring.
In an area that is mostly rocky soil, they were able to spot utilities as deep as 8’ in a matter of minutes. In the past, some of the pot holds may have taken an hour, in many cases longer. With the ability to efficiently spot utilities ahead of the directional bore rig, with minimal labor, we will definitely finish our jobs under budget and ahead of schedule! J&R Underground supplied the machine and crew that got the job done!